Contributing to sanos
You can download the all the source for sanos from the download page or
get the latest modifications here. If you want to contribute to Sanos you can
use the public git repository from the
sanos project on GitHub.
You can get a local copy of the public sanos git repository with this command:
git clone https://github.com/ringgaard/sanos.git
Please send me an e-mail if you want to
check in code to the repository. I try to keep the master branch in sync with my
local repository, so please check in new code to separate branches. I'll then merge
these changes into the master branch.
Contributions to sanos
- The sanos kernel is written by Michael Ringgaard
- The pcnet32 driver is written by Søren Gjesse
- The heap allocator is a port of dlmalloc by Doug Lea
- The TCP/IP network stack is a port of lwIP by Adam Dunkels
- The DHCP module is a port of the lwIP DHCP module by Leon Woestenberg
- The DNS resolver is a port of ISC BIND lwres
- The kernel timer implementation is a port of Finn Arne Gangstads kernel timer implementation
- The tulip, rtl8139, and eepro100 network drivers are ported from Linux (Donald Becker)
- The win32 exception handling has been ported from WINE (Turchanov Sergey, Alexandre Julliard, and Jon Griffiths)
- The math assembler routines have been ported from Al Maromaty's free C Runtime Library
- The random device driver by Theodore Ts'o has been ported from Linux.
- The inflate decompression routines has been ported from zlib (Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler)
- The FTP daemon is derived from Troll FTP server (Arnt Gulbrandsen)
- The regex library has been ported from Henry Spencer's regex libray
- The C compiler has been ported from Tiny C (Fabrice Bellard)
- The assembler has been ported from NASM (Julian Hall et al.)
- The UK key bindings has been donated by Thierry Supplisson.
- The shell parser has been derived from software contributed to Berkeley by Kenneth Almquist